For international students taking an English language test is regularly important part of a successful visa application. On the off chance that you’re an international students, you’re likely recognizable with the concept of having to require English language tests as part of your visa application. This could be a costly and tedious process — particularly for those whose language capability can as of now be demonstrated in other ways.
What is the Language Requirement for Australia Visa?
This can be a requirement you wish to meet in case you’re applying for an Australia student visa, permanent visa or a skilled work visa. You must give prove simply have a pleasant level of the English language as specified by the Department of Home Affairs. You will be required to supply confirmation of a diverse level agreeing to the sort of visa you’re applying for. For most work and permanent visas, you must have at least a convenient level or a competent level of the English language.
English proficiency (subclass 482)
When applying for the Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482), primary visa applicants are required to show that they meet firm minimum standards of English language proficiency by taking and attaining a specific result in an English language test, unless exemptions apply.
You are exempt from needing to prove English language proficiency if one of the following apply:
- You are a passport holder from:
- New Zealand
- the Republic of Ireland
- the United Kingdom
- the United States of America
- You have completed at least 5 years of full-time study in at least a secondary level institution and where most classes were in English. We need the following information:
- name and location of the institution/s
- level of qualification/s
- official transcript from the secondary and/or tertiary institution
- number of contact hours per week in English
- number of years of study
- Your nominated occupation in Australia will be performed at:
- diplomatic or consular mission of another country
- an Office of the Authorities of Taiwan
- your nominated occupation requires you:
- to hold a license, registration or membership
- you were granted the license, registration, or membership
- You had to prove that you had equal or higher English language proficiency than that listed in the table below to be granted the license, registration or membership if you are:
- an employee of an overseas business
- the business or its associated entity has nominated you to work in Australia
- you will receive a guaranteed annual earnings of at least AUD96,400
The best way to show to the Australian migration authorities that you meet the minimum English requirements for your visa application is to take and pass any of the internationally recognized English tests such as IELTS, PTE, TOEFL and others.
Disclaimer: The purpose of this Blog is to provide a general understanding based on publicly available sources and does not constitute migration advice in any manner. Anyone seeking advice on migration to Australia should seek advice from a registered Australian migration agent.
Are you or your employer unsure of your eligibility for 482 VISA?
ESI Global Services can assist if you want to immigrate to Australia and have the necessary skills to live and work there. We assist candidates throughout the entire process and offer comprehensive solutions thanks to our expert migration agents for their thorough understanding in the domains of Education and skilled migration advising.
Contact us to solve all your 482 questions!
Australia: +61 415 863 586
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ESI Global Services is an International Education and Migration consulting company, specializing in providing online and face-to-face professional information for potential applicants from a wide number of countries around the world.