GTI VISA for Australian PR and Who is Eligible?
What is GTI (Global talent Visa?)
A simplified immigration pathway for highly talented professionals to work and reside permanently in Australia is the global talent visa program (also known as GTI). By providing innovative skills to key industries, this initiative aims to boost the economy.
With 15,000 spots available for the GTI program in FY 2021–2022, it is one of the government’s top priority visa programs.
Broadly discuss the eligibility
Those who wish to apply for a Global Talent visa must:
- A reputable organization or person with a national reputation in the same field in Australia should nominate them as a global talent.
- They should be able to demonstrate their international recognition through evidence of outstanding achievements
- still be prominent in their field of expertise.
- They should also show that they would be a benefit to Australia.
Candidates must demonstrate great professional accomplishments and uphold a high level. This might comprise:
- Senior roles
- Professional awards
- International publications
Candidates for invitation may be recent PhD graduates who can exhibit remarkable potential and global recognition in one of the 10 target sectors and who can do so if:
- Their research is significant and of international interest, and it would be relevant to an audience abroad.
- They have presented their research at international forums, and it could be used to inform academia, governments, and industry there.
- They have recently completed all requirements for a PhD qualification related to a priority sector, and the qualification is equivalent to a PhD earned in Australia.
Candidates must be able to command a salary at or above the AUD162,000 high income criteria set by Fair Work. On July 1st of each year, this amount is revised.
We shall evaluate this by taking into account:
- Current salary shown through payslips or a contract
- Future job offers outlining remuneration
- Recent PhD graduates in the target sectors.
Benefits of GTI VISA:
- Processing time is streamlined and lightning-quick compared to other talent visas, taking only 1-3 months!
- You can obtain direct permanent residency with a GTI visa.
- The GTI visa is simple to apply for. In 2021, the department of home affairs increased the number of eligible sectors from 7 to 10, making the program more accessible and simpler to apply for.
- After receiving a visa, individuals are permitted to change jobs or companies.
- Join the public health care program in Australia
- Once the visa is approved, there are no limits on travel to Australia.
- No age restriction, a point system, and skills evaluation
- No need to list a profession
- English is not a necessity.
If you want to immigrate to Australia as a skilled worker and need expert guidance, ESI is here to help. We provide comprehensive solutions to the candidates and support them throughout the entire process thanks to our extensive experience in the fields of education and migration advice.
- Individuals with experience in any of the 10 categories under the GTI that are focused on the future
- In Australia, they must make a salary of at least $158,500 each year. (This high-income criterion fluctuates from fiscal year to fiscal year.)
- They must be highly qualified in their field and have no trouble finding work in Australia. The department will take the following factors into account when determining the high income threshold.
- Showing the most recent wage on pay stubs or a contract
- or in future employment offers that detail compensation.
- Or recent Ph.D. graduates in the target sectors’ associated domains.
- They must possess advanced skills in any of the following 10 major industry sectors
- Initial Resources
- Agriculture and food technology
- The energy sector
- The health sector
- Defense, advance manufacturing and space
- Financial Services and FinTech
- Circular Economy
- Infrastructure and Tourism
- If chosen through GTI, candidates must demonstrate that they have received recognition for their work on a global scale and that they will assist Australia in their area of specialization.
- Candidates must have a history of exceptional professional accomplishments, including publications in foreign journals, patents, and essays.
- Any applicant who satisfies the program’s qualifications must have someone propose them for the program. The nominee’s nominator must share the same professional discipline as the nominee and be well-known nationally.
- The proposer must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or representative of an Australian organization well-known on the national stage in the applicant’s field.
- The Institute of managers & leaders (IML), ACS (IT Professionals), and Engineer Australia (Engineering Professionals) are now acknowledged Nominators for GTI applications.