Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482 and Requirements for Employees to Apply
The TSS visa, also known as the 482 visas, is a temporary visa that allows the user to live in Australia while working full-time for the sponsoring employer in a chosen occupation on the Short Skilled List or Medium-Long Term Skilled List.
The requirements for implementing a Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482)
- Have employees on the Consolidated List of Skilled Occupations?
- Have been nominated for a job position by an Australian employer.
- Have the necessary skills and qualifications for the job.
- Have at least two (2) decades of work experience in the field.
- Have professional English language skills.
- Can meet DHA prerequisites for character and health.
- If the applicant is already in Australia, they could have a substantive visa or a bridging visa A, B, or C if they have managed to meet their immigration rules.
A TSS 482 visa has an age restriction.
There is no age restriction for TSS visas, but there is for permanent residence. Suppose an applicant is granted a visa in an MLTSSL occupation and intends to apply for permanent residency after three years of working for the same sponsor. In that case, they must be under 45 when filing their application unless they qualify for an exemption.
The TSS 482 visa subclass has three steps:
- an employer’s endorsement implementation,
- an employer nomination application for a skilled position, and
- A visa application by the envisaged employee.
What are the character traits and advantages of this visa?
- Employers can use this visa to address labor shortages by bringing in skilled workers from other countries. It allows the user to travel freely to and from Australia for the duration of their visa.
- It enables users to work in Australia for an approved sponsor in their nominated occupation.
- They can include family members in their application and bring them to Australia.
- Their family members can reap the same benefits from their stay in Australia as they do.
- Their family members are permitted to work and study in Australia.
- In most cases, the nomination is valid for up to 12 months from approval.
- The sponsorship is valid for five years from the date of approval.
Documents required for Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482:
Passport and identification, Qualifications and experience Documents for skill evaluation, Evidence of English proficiency, health coverage, Documents for your coworker, Documents about your minor children, and Documents for your dependent adult child.