There have been some massive changes of Australian Migration system in year 2023. Within this year, three experts are expected to deliver a comprehensive review of Australia’s migration system with an interim report.
The government has also hired extra staff to help with visa processing, bringing Australia’s visa backlog, which previously had a backlog of almost one million applications, down to 600,000.
Also, From 1 July 2023 (the start of Australia’s financial year), New Zealanders who have been living in Australia for four years or more will be eligible to apply directly for Australian citizenship. They will no longer need to first apply for and be granted a permanent visa.
However, there have no other changes to subclass 189 visa for people living in Australia. Let’s dive into the details of subclass 189 visa requirements and processing time.
What is Subclass 189 Visa?
The 189 visa is a skilled visa for applicants that are not sponsored by an employer, and aimed applying for their own skilled independent permanent residence visa. This visa is points tested and invited. A holder of a 189 visa is free to live and work anywhere in Australia.
Eligibility of Subclass 189 Visa
- There is no need for a sponsor (no state or family sponsorship applies)
- Must be invited to apply (EOI)
- Must be from 18 to under 45 to be invited
- The Pass Mark (points Test) – you need a minimum of 65 points
Note that however that many applications will realistically only receive an invite if you are able to claim 70, 75 or even 80 points.
Benefits of Subclass 189 Visa
- Stay in Australia permanently
- Work and study in Australia
- Enroll in Medicare, Australia’s public health care scheme
- Sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- If eligible, apply for Australian citizenship
Requirements to apply for Subclass 189 visa
The current government application fee for Subclass 189 Visa starts from AUD 4,240. This will differ depending on the number of dependents counted in for your application and their age limit.
- Have to pass a skills assessment by a relevant skills assessment authority
- Then submit an EOI
- Then, when invited to apply, apply for your visa
- Character requirements
- Medical and Health Requirements for Australian Visa
- English Language requirements
- Recent work experience criteria
The Australian Department of Home Affairs said it takes a certain number of days to process applications. This shows how long it took to decide on different percentages of applications during a certain time period. But some things can make how long it takes to process an application different each month.
- Changes in the number of applications being submitted.
- Seasonal peaks mean the times of the year when something is at its highest point or when there is a surge or increase in activity.
- Difficult or complicated situations or problems.
- As borders open up again, the rules for who can travel without restrictions are being updated.
- Incomplete applications mean applications which are not filled out completely or have missing information.
- Making adjustments to the orders given by the Minister.
The current ratio of processing time according to the Australian Government is –
25% of applications: 3 Months
50% of applications: 5 Months
75% of applications: 5 Months
90% of applications: 5 Months
This processing time is often based on some criteria that Australia Government takes in count to approve the visa. The Government of Australia evaluates applications on a case-by-case basis, and genuine processing times can also vary due to individual states and conditions of applicant. These are-
- Whether you have lodged a comprehensive application, containing all supporting and essential documents or not
- Being prompt in replying to any queries or requirements for further information
- How much time it takes to achieve required checks on the supporting information provided
- How long it takes to obtain additional information from external agencies, specifically sectors related to health, character, and national security requirements
- Availability of places for permanent migration visa applications
Candidates’ requisite a minimum 65 points to secure an invitation. Some of the more widely held occupations such as Accountant, Civil Engineer and Computer Network Engineer required 85 points
The highest ranked candidates are the first who are asked to apply for the 189 visa and candidates with equivalent scores are invited in order of when they gotten their points score on their EOI.
At ESI Global, we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional visa services with a proven track record of successes. Whether it’s expert 186 & 482, 485 and 485 Subsequent Entrants, 500 and 500 Subsequent Entrants, 190, 491, 494, 600, 408, 309, and 188 visa services – we’ve got you covered.
𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐮𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐭 Consultants.
Call: 📞 1800 80 90 31