Subclass 482 Temporary Skill Shortage temporary visa lets an employer sponsor a suitably skilled worker to fill a position they can’t find a suitably skilled Australian to fill.
The Temporary Skills Shortage (TSS) visa subclass 482 is for skilled people who need to work in Australia incidentally. Depending on your work and your skills, the Transitory Abilities Deficiency (TSS) visa subclass 482 lets you work in Australia for up to four a long time and permits you to travel to and from Australia all through its length. It too permits your family individuals to work and consider here. To apply for the Transitory Abilities Deficiency (TSS) visa subclass 482, you must be supported by an endorsed manager and meet a number of other requirements. You may be qualified to apply in case you:
- Have been effectively designated for a position by an affirmed sponsor
- Have satisfactory health insurance
- Have the desired skills and qualifications
- Meet English language requirements
- Comply with other requirements and conditions as laid out by the Australian Government.
Some PR pathways
Pathways to apply for Permanent Residency on a Medium Term TSS 482 Visa:
Applicants on a TSS visa have a pathway to permanent residency through the Employer Sponsored Temporary Transition Stream (ENS/RSMS) if:
- your occupation is on the Medium Term list.
- have worked for the same employer for 3 years on your TSS visa
- have worked in the same occupation for the 3 years on your TSS visa
- have at least competent English (IELTS 6 in each band or equivalent)- exemptions apply
- you are under 45 years old at the time of applying for PR
Regional TSS visa to PR
- You will have also have a pathway to permanent residency if:
- Your occupation is on the Regional Occupation list and working in a designated regional area
- Have worked for the same employer for 3 years on your TSS visa
- Have worked in the same occupation for the 3 years on your TSS visa
- Have at least competent English (IELTS 6 in each band or equivalent)- exemptions apply
- You are under 45 years old at the time of applying for PR
Alternative ways of obtaining PR if you do not meet the above criteria:
- Employer Sponsored Direct Entry Stream (ENS/RSMS)
- General Skilled Migration (189/190/489)
- Partner Migration (As the partner/spouse/de facto of an Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen)
- See visa options after you turn 45
Disclaimer: The purpose of this Blog is to provide a general understanding based on publicly available sources and does not constitute migration advice in any manner. Anyone seeking advice on migration to Australia should seek advice from a registered Australian migration agent.
Are you unsure of your eligibility for 482 VISA?
ESI Global Services can assist if you want to immigrate to Australia and have the necessary skills to live and work there. We assist candidates throughout the entire process and offer comprehensive solutions thanks to our expert migration agents for their thorough understanding in the domains of Skilled migration advising.
Contact us to solve all your 482 questions!
Australia: +61 415 863 586
ESI Global Services is an International Education and Migration consulting company, specialising in providing online and face-to-face professional information for potential professionals from a wide number of countries around the world.