Application requirement for 494 Visa
Basically 494 is the kind of visa which will allow one to stay and work in Australia as a provisional resident and also allows you to travel in or out of Australia as many times as you want for 5 years. As this is a provisional visa, it doesn’t grant a permanent residency immediately. But if anyone wants to apply for a permanent residency in Australia then he can do it after 3 years from the acceptance of the visa granted.
Australian government enabled this new 494 visa so that skilled employees can visit Australia and study or work in their desired regional area in Australia. It’s hard to get a permanent visa right away, so it also works as a pathway for people to get permanent residency. Thus, different Australian businesses can also fill in the places of labor shortage by sponsoring the skilled workers.
Requirements needed to apply for the 494 visa:
- Age should be under 45
To get sponsored by a company and to get a job, one must be under 45.
- Sponsored by a legal company for at least 5 years
The company must offer a sponsorship for at least 5 years or more on a full-time position. In this time frame one can’t work for any other company otherwise it can lead to a visa cancellation. The company must have a legally registered business in Australia in order to nominate you.
- Experience in the related field for at least 3 years
One has to have a minimum of 3 years of experience in the related field of work. Besides, the relevant skill assessment is also important to get sponsored.
- Basic English knowledge
You should have a minimum knowledge about English standards to meet the requirement.
If you have all these requirements ready, next you have to prepare the required documents to get a 494 visa. Some basic and important documents to prove that you actually have these requirements is important. If the paperwork is not done correctly and if there is any misspelling or wrong information then the visa won’t be approved.
These documents are required from both the employer and the one who applied for the visa. The basic required documents list is given below of both the parties:
1) Required documents to apply for the 494 visa:
- Document or any related certificate to prove your minimum standard English skills.
- An identity document is important where the full name, date of birth,
- Any kind of change of name in the paperwork
- Skill assessment results (If you have to perform any skill assessment test)
- Prove of your qualification (If no skill assessment is performed)
- A certificate of health is needed for your stay in Australia.
- A proof of your good character (It can be a police certificate which is for your stay in any country for twelve months or longer)
- If you intend to bring a partner then the ID documents, good character documents and marriage certificate (If married) are required.
- If you intend to bring a dependent then the birth certificate, passport copies, character documents will be required.
- If you are in any kind of legal relationship then you have to inform about it otherwise your visa might get cancelled.
2) Documents required from the employer:
- The employer has to provide the identity document where your personal information, transaction number, visa number (If you have any or, held any kind of visa)
- The contract of employment which is signed by both the parties.
- The employer has to provide the labor market proof to show that there wasn’t relevant labor and couldn’t be any Australian citizen. It is required to imply that the employer did market research and did advertise an open position.
- The position offered by the employer should be clear and genuine. The duties, responsibilities and all the other related information about the nominated position should be mentioned in a document.
These are some of the basic required documents which are important to get a 494 visa.
494 visa is a newly introduced visa by the Australian Government for skilled workers around the world. 494 visa has many benefits which makes it better than the other visas to get a permanent residency in Australia. Some of the benefits are mentioned below:
- Cost-effective compared to the other TRT pathway where two stages have to completed (Subclass 482 to Subclass 186)
- Pathway for permanent residence
- Broad occupation options are available to work and stay in the regional area
- No further nomination needed through the subclass 191 visa
- Lower cost for the employer
These are some of the benefits which makes the 494 visa better then the other ones and also shows what facilities will people get through applying for this visa.
Although it’s a new visa starting in November 2019, it’s already having many applicants as this can be called as the updated version after the 187 visa. For skilled employees or workers, this is a great opportunity to apply for the regional areas in Australia.