PR pathway Courses
WHAT COURSE SHOULD I STUDY TO GET PR?
Many international students want to settle in Australia for good and fruitful career. Some students find it difficult to get PR because their education and occupation is not appropriate to be eligible for PR. This can be very costly mistake as it is known that Australian education is expensive for international students. Therefore international students, who want to qualify for PR after their studies, must have required qualifications and employable in the occupations which are in high demands at Australia. Australian government releases list of high demand occupations each year. International students who have completed their course, in any of the high demand occupation areas, have a good chance of getting PR.
The new Occupations List (STSOL & MLTSSL) has a combined lists feature over 400 eligible occupations. For those with a skill or qualification who wish to migrate to Australia choosing the correct occupation, with the correct visa, is the first important step to migration.
In order to qualify for skilled migration to Australia, you must nominate an occupation from the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). However, if you are applying for skilled migration via nomination by a State or Territory Government; you have the option of nominating an occupation from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL).
If you apply for a General Skilled Migration visa and you are NOT nominated by a State or Territory Government, you must nominate an occupation from this Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
If you apply for a General Skilled Migration visa and you ARE nominated by a State or Territory Government, you must nominate an occupation from either this Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) OR the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL).
SOME POINTS ABOUT COURSES THAT MAY LEAD TO PR OPPORTUNITIES:
- Meet the Australian Study Requirements: Generally, the criteria for is to study in Australia for a minimum of 2 years (closely related) but this may vary depending on your course of study or level (vocational or higher ed).
- The occupation you choose must ANZSCO Job Descriptions: If you google ‘anzco position descriptions’ you will see certain jobs have required fields of study at either higher education or vocational levels. To qualify for these jobs you must meet these educational requirements.
- Apply for a visa within 6 months: You should apply for PSWV 485 visa within 6 months of completion of your studies.
- CRICOS approved study program: Your course of the study should be on the CRICOS list of courses.
COURSES TOP THE LIST
Computer and Information Technology (IT)
Education and teaching
Nursing and medical courses
Building and Construction
Cookery, patisserie, and hospitality
Painting and Decoration
Agriculture and horticulture
Electrotechnology and telecommunications
OCCUPATION IN THE LIST
- automotive electrician
- motor mechanic
- vehicle painter
- agricultural consultant/scientist
- architectural draftsperson
- building associate
- construction project manager
- urban and regional planner
- child care centre manager
- child care worker
- civil engineering professionals
- civil engineering draftsperson and technician
- electrical engineer
- mechanical engineer
- butcher or smallgoods maker
- hospital/retail pharmacist
- medical diagnostic radiographer
- medical laboratory scientist
- medical radiation therapist
- occupational therapist